RELAF – The Lasallian Region of Africa gathers the 5 Districts and one Delegation of the Institute of the Brothers of the Christian Schools in Africa and Madagascar.
The Lasallian Region of Africa includes:
Six provinces that we generally call « Districts »:
- Afrique Centrale (Cameroun, Equatorial Guinea, Chad)
- Afrique de l’Ouest (Burkina Faso, Niger)
- Antananarivo (Madagascar)
- Congo Kinshasa (Congo Kinshasa)
- Golfe du Bénin (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Conakry Guinea, Togo)
- Charles Lwanga District of Africa (Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa)
In RELAF, we also have the Delegation of Rwanda.
Our Common institutions.
Since twenty years. Our Common services promote our unity and cooperation particularly in the training of young novices and scholastics.
Currently, three novitiates :
- English Speaking Interafrican Novitiate of Nairobi (Kenya)
- French Speaking International Novitiate of Bobo Dioulasso (Burkina Faso)
- Novitiate in Eritrea (Asmara – Eritrea)
- English Speaking International Scholasticate of Nairobi : De La Salle Center Scholasticate
The Nairobi Scholasticate, origin of the foundation of “Christ the Teacher Institute for Education (CTIE)” which attached to Tangaza University College and St. Mary’s University of Minnesota in the USA. The CTIE opened in August 1992 and now offers training in educational science. For more information, please click here.
- French Speaking International Scholasticate of Abidjan : Saint Miguel Scholasticate
The Saint Miguel Scholasticate created in October 1991 was the origin of CELAF Institute in Abidjan which currently offers educational science courses, science of religious Life, management and economics. CELAF Institute is linked to the Catholic University of West Africa. For more information, please click here.
Ver RELAF en un mapa más grande